The Department of Early Childhood Studies (ECS) provides a high-quality bachelor’s degree program for students who want to work with young children and their families in a variety of settings or for those who want to minor in education. Our curriculum focuses on human development, the different factors that influence development, advocacy, and equity.
The Department of Early Childhood Studies hosts the following programs
- Early Childhood Studies Major
- Early Childhood Education Concentration
- Early Childhood Development Concentration
- Integrated Teacher Education Program (ITEP) (leads to an ECS BA and Special Education Credential at the same time)
- Early Childhood Studies Minor
- Education Minor
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education
For more information contact the ECS Department. General questions and inquiries can be sent to the Departmental Administrative Coordinator.
Additional Early Childhood Resources:
- Early Childhood Studies Career Outlook
- California Child Development Permit
- List of suggested materials for a TK classroom